Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Banana Muffins


Hi everyone,

I am still here! I have been so busy working on a few projects and gearing up for our new school year. 

I am  excited to share the projects I have been working on, and as soon as I can photograph them I will.

We are also getting ready for school to start. This year will be the first year I will be teaching two of our three boys. Colt will be starting kindergarten and Houston will be in preschool. Case will just be hanging out looking cute :)

As part of kicking off the new school year (and because I like to try to keep our freezer full) we made a huge batch of banana muffins and froze them. I always try to keep some type of muffins in our freezer year round.  They are wonderful for a quick breakfast in the mornings on Sundays when we are trying to get everyone out the door. We also will typically eat them a couple times throughout the week. I will try to make certain muffins depending on what is in season blueberries for blueberry season, strawberries when we have fresh strawberries, zucchini, and so on. Since we typically will try to grow a lot of these or go to a local farm to pick them, I will typically divide the crop up and freeze some, bake with some others, and of course eat them by the handfuls or on a salad.

My boys really love bananas and since we had a freezer full we made these most recently. This recipe is always a favorite in our home.



Banana Muffins

Yield: 4 dozen large muffins (I always make little ones for the boys to snack on as well)


3 cups self-rising flour 
3 cups whole wheat flour 
3 cups sugar

1 tsp. cinnamon

4 eggs

10-12 ripe bananas

1 cup oil (I use coconut)

1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp.vanilla

Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.  Mix we ingredients in another bowl.  Pour  the wet ingredients into bowl with the dry and stir until just mixed. I always mash up my bananas and fold them in last.  Divide into muffin trays and bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes or until done.

My convection oven typically produces a perfect large muffin at 18 minutes, and the smaller ones are done around 12 minutes. 

Also, another tip I like to use is when we have left over bananas that will being to brown (which is rare) we will freeze them, once I collect enough I will thaw them and use them for this recipe.

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!



No comments:

Post a Comment